Monday, January 28, 2013

What's Your Inspiration??

Good morning! Today is the 28th, and it's Calendar Girl Blog Group posting day!

This month Miss January, aka Jeanette, aka Forest Ranger came up with the following challenge for us:

This is a PHOTO INSPIRATION Challenge. But there’s a catch! You have to choose your own photo.

I want you to find a photo – it can be a picture you’ve taken (of a family member, a scenic drive, a food you’ve cooked, whatever) or it can be a picture someone else has taken. Maybe you even found it on the Internet. After you’ve chosen the PHOTO you want to use, create a card/project inspired by that photo.

Of course on your blog post – when you show us your creation – we also want to see the photo that inspired you.

I have to tell you, that I haven't done much crafting lately, too much "life" going on and no time to escape, and actually no creativity in me at all. I have wanted to do some crafting, but I just haven't been able to make myself do it. This morning, I finally got down to the basement, pulled out my stamps,glue, glitter, and Cuttlebug and got to work!

First off, here is my inspiration photo. I found it on Jeanette's blog and love the simple, pretty setting with that great pop of red!


And here is what I created from that inspiration:



and a close up of the glittery snow:


I hope you can see the inspiration in my card. I used 3 layers of white cardstock to give the card some dimension, I hope you are able to see that in my terrible pictures! I need to learn to take my picture when it's sunny out, not at 5:45am.

I don't work with glitter often, but sometimes you just have to (right Carol??)! I think this card needed that shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I love your card. What a great idea. Carol will be so proud of all the snowy glitter you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Terry! This card is shimmery, gorgeous! I love it!!! You took that inspiration photo and created a stunning masterpiece!

    Thank you for being a Calendar Girl and for inspiring all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhhhhhhh did you hear that THUD! That was my mouth falling open from awe! Wow, Terry - you nailed this photo challenge to a T! Simply stunning! The details, the glitz, the shimmer - woot! BEAUTIFUL!! 0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Terry - this is a knock out card!!!! I love how you added the snow to the tree and made softly rolling hills with it at the bottom of the card! The layers of cream and white are perfect! You really have made a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry--this card is stunning! I thought the picture was so pretty--then I saw your card and knew you rocked the challege. That is a great image and I love the glitter!

    Great Card for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smoke! Come teach me to use glitter like that!
    This is just beautiful! I saw that photo on J's blog and also adored it, but it pales in comparison to your card! Your mojo is definitely working at full force!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty! I love the serene feel to the card.

    I too loved that photo when I saw it on J's blog. You really made your inspiration photo work.

    The glitter and flocking look so good for our little red friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be still my heart....Wow, love this Terry,..and I'm so glad you added the glitter...it really did make an awesome creation even more AWESOME...you rocked this...I love, love, love your creation....great job...♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry this card is gorgeous. I love the white layers and you totally got it right with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love, love, LLOOVVEEEEEE this gorgeous, glimmering, glittered fabulous card..WWOOOUUZZEEERRRR. .What an inspiration U Are to me!!♡♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete