Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Calendar Girls April - Yep, I'm late!

Hello everyone, today is May 1st and I am posting a card that should have been posted on April 28th. Yep, I'm late! The problem I had was this: I was in a creative slump. After a wonderful weekend with the girls, I just couldn't come up with an idea that I liked!

Miss April is Carol (momcgw on SCS), and here is her challenge for us:

As the saying goes April showers bring May flowers....


To me April showers clean the earth of its worn out snow, dust and dirt along with nurturing new seeds and life to our surroundings (gardens, yards, trees, etc). It also, to me signals new beginnings....so for this month I would like for you to create a card that does just that...it could be a wedding card, a baby card, even a New Years card...OR it could be a card that uses something worn out or pre-used and develop a new use for it...ex: mesh bag from fruit...used once to hold fruit: new beginning...used on the card...repurposed.. I know all of you are very talented crafters and I can hardly wait to see what you come up with...

Have fun with this challenge...

((hugs)) Carol

Here is my card:

straight on

side view so you can see all the pearls

So, for my card I decided to go the route of a wedding card. I don't have any weddings coming up, but I have a spare card if anyone decides to get married. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and 96 (yes, I said 96) pearls. I also used a new technique that I learned this weekend from our very own Miss April! Carol taught me how to use my paper snips to apply all of those pearls......and I love it! I didn't swear at all, and it was so easy ☺

There it is....I hope it was worth the wait! Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. oh my! very classy, and simply elegant card....love the 'less is more' philosophy applied here...although applying 96 pearls sounds quite like a big task!! Can you explain the paper snip-tecnique please?? thank U dahlin!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Card Terry! I love the pearls added to each of the corners--I might need to CASE this card for a wedding card too.

    Great Job my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, Terry - perhaps one of the loveliest I've ever seen! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was worth the wait! It is simply a stunner! 96 pearls! Well they certainly make the card and the embossing folder is obviously perfect for all those lil pearls. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 96! First thing I thought of was that there were a LOT of pearls. I love how they look!!! The embossing and the great idea turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete