Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Making Memories, Celebrating Moments!

It's Duel Day! I'm not late, just tardy.

This months hostess are Jeanette for the Dazzlers, and Kelly for the Divas. The theme they came up with is "Making Memories, Celebrating Moments". This is an awesome challenge, and with that challenge came a kit full of fun stuff!

The dazzlers kits included:

Image/Sentiment: Art Impressions "Picture Perfect"
Designer Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle "Escape" (small camera), Hampton Art "Flashback Viewfinder" (large camera), and Hampton Art "Flashback Timeline" (stripe)
Embellishments: Kathy Davis Designs - adhesive pearls, KI Memories - rhinestones, Me & My Big Ideas - Mambi Stick (camera), Michael's ribbon and ribbon paper clip, Recollections - photo frames, Recollections - washi tape, and a clear adhesive circle

Here is the card I put together:



I loved this kit and it brought back some very recent memories. I colored the image with my copics and tried to use the techniques I learned in a class that was held at Barb's house a couple weekends ago. The image also reminded me of that weekend since we took lots of pictures of the 6 of us. There were 3 Dazzlers (Darlene, Jeanette and myself) and 3 Divas (Barb, Carol and LJ) in attendance. We had such a good time learning from one another and getting to know each other too. I would have to say that it was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time! I feel very lucky to have met these incredible ladies in person!

Thank you for stopping by! See you at the next duel!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love your layout! We tilted our frame the same around the image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Terry - your card is GORGEOUS, but it's your post (words) that really touched my heart! I, too, am so glad we had the time together a couple of weeks ago! I just wish I could have been there more than the one day. But I am grateful for the time I did spend with you and the other ladies!

    Now about your card. As always, your image is colored beautifully! And did you notice, we both added Washi tape to the frame? And the camera, too. How funny!

    Thanks for DAZZLING us every month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, Terry! This is just perfect!! I love the color scheme and your coloring and shading is sooooo great!

    I like how you finished the inside with that cute sentiment, too.

    I also had a blast that weekend! But I think when we posed for our pics we were too serious! We should have hammed it up more like these gals. Let's remember that next time we all get together!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry--your post almost brought tears to my eyes. I also loved that weekend--but it did go too fast. I needed Monday to last into at least Wednesday!

    What a great card--and I love the colors. It seems to be a theme that we all have used some of the techniques we learned that night and we will definitely need to plan for another loooong weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Terry!! Love the bright, bold colors ... Your card just spells Happy!!

    Love that reminds you of your fun get together with "the girls!"

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely ADORABLE...,great job my sweet friend...great job. You always do such beautiful work on your cards...I am so inspired by your creativity. WELL DONE!!!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout and fantastic coloring. Love how you used the sentiment and camera tape on the inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's to another great card from my WPS! loveeeee your coloring and the fun elements you added in front of the card...your keen eyes for details really shows in this fun and beautiful creative expression of yours.Interesting how we both disclosed same kind of memory...but of course ...we are sistahs!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card! I love that you used the cuter than cute image in a picture frame. I especially like the little camera strip on the interior. Great job!

    I am so glad that you girls had a great time on your weekend. Would have loved to have been there!

    ReplyDelete