Monday, March 20, 2017

Growing in Unity - Day 1

Hi everyone!
 
I can't believe my week as a Growing in Unity Gal is starting! I am a bit nervous sharing my creations, but I am very happy to be able to be a part of this!
 
I have been stamping for more than 15 years and boy has the industry changed over time. We have so many different choices out there from stamps to tools to embellishments and anything else you can think of! I love being a crafter, even though it can be an expensive venture at times! I also love having an understanding husband that doesn't care about how much money I spend....and it's always good to hear him say "you got a package from Unity" when he brings in the mail!
 
I wanted to start with a simple card that showcases the stamp itself. Here is my first creation:


I used the Cierra Girl stamp kit and the camera paper is from The Paper Studio. I have had this paper for a long time and have not had a good stamp to use it with until now. I really like how this one came out!

Thank you for stopping by...and don't forget to leave a comment! I will be picking 2 comments at the end of my week, and each will person will win 25 random stamps from Unity Stamp Co!

Photobucket

44 comments:

  1. First off, congratulations on being a GIU gal this week!

    Next, everything about your card is perfection - from the bold, graphic design to the wonderful paper! Of course the stamp is wonderful! :)

    I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us the rest of the week. :) And I completely agree with you about how the crafting world has changed over the years. The joy remains the same though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the card. I have been paper for about seven years and am still making new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic! Perfect paper choice to go with that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that your patterned paper complements your Angie girl. This card is perfect! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness... love this! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simplicity of your card. I don't do one or two color cards enough. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the B/W approach. Will try it soon.
    I will be GIU this year and it's a strange feeling but getting inspiration from all of you. U gonna be fine. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice.....I love the camera dsp with Ciera....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card. I can't wait to see what else you have for us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stamp with the camera paper. My niece is studying photography in college and this reminded me of her. The black and white adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card. As much fun as it is coloring these girls they stand perfectly well in black and white. Your card is simple but dramatic. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card. As much fun as it is coloring these girls they stand perfectly well in black and white. Your card is simple but dramatic. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the card being just black and white. That can be as beautiful as a colored image. Looking forward to following you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Sometimes simple colors make the most bold and beautiful statement! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always scared to leave my cards monochromatic but this works. I'm going to have to imitate it. I hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card in black and white. Really makes the theme a complete package. Makes me think of all the black and white photos my Mom has on slides.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being chosen to be a GIU! I love this first card, makes me so excited to see the rest of your stuff this week. I have that paper, now I think I need cierra girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, I like how you did it all in black and white. COOL IDEA

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great card! That paper is totally perfect for this Angie Girl. I know what you mean about having paper for a long time and then suddenly there is the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the black and white scheme! Perfect paper, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really nice card. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that paper is absolutely perfect with this Unity stamp set.
    And I adore the B&W design when it's pulled together as beautifully as this card. Looking forward to your week as GIU.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice layout with this card! Very professional looking! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love everything about your card...the design, the stamp with this paper, and the black n white❣ Have fun with his week... looking forward to more of your creations ❣

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Terry--what a great honor! I love your card and the black/white theme is perfect. I am excited to see all of your creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! Live black and white, but never think about using it for the girls. I will have to try it. I am looking forward to seeing all your ideas this week. Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfection! The black and white color theme, the fabulous paper, the awesome Unity stamp, your layout...card perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the camera paper you used. It coordinates perfectly with that stamp!! I never think to do cards in black and white, but it's very pretty that way. Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the black and white simplicity. I also love camera stamps and papers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't think you can beat classic black and white. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. black and white cards are elegant!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't remember if I left a comment yesterday. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  33. love the camera paper. I think I have that! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The black and white is great! Love this!! So excited to see a GIU name that I knew. Actually, it was your beautiful picture that I recognized first!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the black and white look. Great idea to not color.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow Terry your showcased this image in a effective amazing way. The stamp is beautiful by itself but the dsp you chose put the image and this card right over the top....AWESOME job.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your take on this set. You really know how to make these stamp shine.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on your GIU week! I am loving the beautiful simplicity of this black and white card. The balance is spot on and gorgeous! Way to kick off your week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this card! Perfect paper for it! I like too how you did the curve on the image and and made a banner for the sentiment. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Terry! Congratulations first and foremost on being the GIU girl - I'm so happy for you!

    Your comment about your sweet husband made me smile! With such a sweet wife, I wouldn't doubt that he's understanding and supportive and WOW, fun packages to receive.

    Your card is strong - both in style design and so bold, elegant. Makes me proud to be the mom of 3 daughters when I see your card. The world is our oyster :)

    Blessings and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are right - that is the PERFECT paper for this image! Just love all of the lines on the image and cameras. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. A very nice clean and simple card. So glad I found your site. CyndiWahl

    ReplyDelete