My card today was made using Donna Downey Unity stamps Bold Butterfly and a sentiment from Art & Possibility. I inked the butterfly and sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed it in black. For the color I took Ken Oliver Color Burst powder in the colors Fuchsia, Tangerine, Chartreuse and Lime Green and sprinkled them over the entire paper. I then spritzed with water and let the magic happen. This was the first time using Color Burst powders and I was amazed at how easy they were to use.
I guess I jumped into the "messy zone" on this one, but I am glad I did! One thing I did notice is that if there was a spot of powder that didn't get wet, and I touched it, well....it made a mess. now I know for future uses!
Wow! I love that! Definitely my favorite card of the week! Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite card of the week, too! I've never heard of color burst powders, may have to check them out. Thank you for sharing this week.
ReplyDeleteBe still my heart - Terry! This is amazing! I love the color burst powders and your big bold butterfly - this card really makes a statement! I was able to meet Donna Downey at a snow - I was gaga!! ❤ ive enjoyed seeing your beautiful works of art this week. Congratulations, my friend 💕
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this card!!! It's so beautiful! And the colors are so fun! I love bright colors and butterflies. I've heard of the colorburst products before but have never used them. This makes me want to go out and buy them!! I'm going to a scrapbook convention today, maybe they'll have some there!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis card is just WOW! Love the colors and of course the beautiful butterfly! The powders have been added to my "to get" list which seems to be getting longer each time I visit your page. Lol. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and sharing your amazing projects.
ReplyDeleteLovely card and the background is perfect for that stamp.
ReplyDeleteYou're encouraging me to get messy! I have a very creative friend who has some of the colorburst water colors and she LOVES them. I don't have any yet but today's project will change that! Love the background. All the brilliant colors. Also love the huge butterfly! I may need to get that too! Great sentiment as well! Thanks for sharing your work this week. I have truly enjoyed it :).
ReplyDeleteLove this butterfly card. I too have been using Ken Oliver's colour burst powders. Aren't they fun?! Thanks for sharing all your creations this week; I have enjoyed them all!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am so crafty behind! I have no idea who Ken Oliver is and how burst powders work!!! You have done them both justice though. I love the colors and how they work well with the large image stamp. Thanks, for sharing. You did a great job this week.
ReplyDeleteWow, gorgeous BG for your very first time using the colorburst powders. It's a beauty! Thanks for the awesome inspiration this past week.
ReplyDeleteMessy? More like wild and free. Love this, Great week. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove the Color Burst! Great Card and I loved every one of them this week. Again, Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSuch fun colors and it makes the butterfly pop- Cyndi Wahl
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card!
ReplyDelete