Here is the challenge for April:
Hostess: Carol
For your challenge this month I thought quite a bit about the challenge. As you know, we will be posting after Easter so with that in mind I thought I'd do a Mothers Day challenge. When I was a child my mom would encourage my dad to get little carnation corsages in pink or red for each of us girls and mom to wear to church on Mothers Day. According to her (and the intranet), if a woman's mother was alive the females in the family would don a red or pink flower (mostly carnations, but not a rule) and if her mom had passed, the female would wear a white flower, and would visit the grave of her mom and place a white carnation on her grave. My mom's dad would do this when she was a child and mom loved the tradition. What I would like you to do this month is create a card or project using the color that would describe your mom. As an extra I would like for you to share a special memory of your mom from when you were little (if you are comfortable with that) so we can learn a bit about the wonderful ladies who raised such beautiful paper crafters...
Here is my creation:
I chose to make this card to honor my Mother-in-law. She loves pink and she loves flowers.....this card has both! What's cool is that this card actually folds to almost flat. It could be flat but I used bulky flowers for the bouquet. I am going to need to make a special envelope to hold this card since it is so fat! I really love how it turned out.
Thank you for stopping by! See you again within the next few days......I have also caught up on the June and July cards too :-)
Oh my! Oh MY! OH MY!!! What a beautiful card/box! Love the flowers! Love the detail. WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteWow....what a project you created! You did a great job, Terry. So pretty and creative. Thanks, for sharing...it's a real winner!
ReplyDeleteTerry--your card is stunning. I love that style of card and I am so sure you MIL will adore it!
ReplyDeleteTHUD! Now this is a project! You really put a lot of thought and creativity into your project - fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous and stunning.
ReplyDelete